Whenever I am in a crazy mad dash to get to work in the morning and I have no time to spare, one of my favorite breakfasts to make is a simple smoothie. What I love about a smoothie is that it is quick to assemble, I can take it to work with me, and it’s delicious! My Banana Mango Smoothie is a fresh tropical tasting mixture of banana, mango chunks, ice, and apple juice. Sometimes I like to add a scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder to fill me up and to help keep me from snacking at my desk. Simply toss all ingredients into a blender and within a few minutes, breakfast is served. Enjoy! Tessa
- 1 banana (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 cup mango chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 – 3 ice cubes
- approximately 1 cup apple juice
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored protein powder (optional)
- 1 – 2 drops liquid stevia (optional)
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add additional apple juice if desired. Pour in a glass, add straw and serve. Makes 1 serving.